Here it is, last version for this year. It’s all awful and unfinished once again, do give it a try. Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.23 [3.87MB].
New version of Goldwingu is out, with minutes to spare on the deadline! Get it while the bits are still fresh: Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.22 [3.84MB]
As was promised, the Tactical Display is pretty much re-written for increased awesomeness and other positive qualities. Next up should be, I think, the spaghetti incident known as achievements, medals and upgrades.
The new version is out after much labouring: Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.20.5 [3.84MB]. The list of known issues is long and diverse (redacted). One new enemy and one new wave added to show off some new functionality. Next up I’ll be hacking away at the insurmountable mountain of the piece of functionality I’ve dubbed Tactical Display. You can’t wait!
I haven’t done a release post for awhile and this is a poor version too. Just one new enemy added, I’ll make more for the next version and I’ll make some gooder achievements as well, I promise! Get Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.20.5.
A less than week ago I had a small party celebrating a pre-alpha launch of Goldwingu. Of course the time when a software hits an alpha stage is left to anyones guessing but I think it was nice to have a certain date set for you. Progress has been rather slow and sometimes you just need to drudge on to see where you should go next.
I also thought about my definition of “Done” and I came to the decision that I consider this game to be ready when its in sale in Steam (or suitable alternative), after which the Launch Party proper can be held. I also decided to give some pledges, to maybe help myself get there sooner:
- No alcohol after 14th of September (you have to celebrate a bit…) until it’s Done.
- One climbing session more each week until it’s 5 per week until it’s Done.
- I will write once a week on my blog about my shenanigans in the world of indie game development.
I was almost certain I thought of more, but thats it for now.
Today I released a new version of Goldwingu, to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately sound support had to be dropped because the samples I was using didn’t allow re-distribution (even though they were otherwise royalty-free). Most changes are under the hood, but do have a go and see for yourself.
EDIT: Added third pledge.
Back at the lathe! Enjoy the new version of Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.17 [3.82MB] is very much out!
In this version:
- Upgrading weaponry now much easier. Speed, quantity and power of shots can be upgraded by earning medals. Powershots are upgraded by receiving the same medal 5 times.
- Dash-function added. Hold down the quick-change key (shift by default) to gain a boost for your speed and weapon re-loading.
- Added an enemy wave to demonstrate compound enemies. Compound enemies are waves where individual enemies are tied together through parent-relation.
One last release and then I can enjoy some deserved break from coding! Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.16 (3.81 MB) is out.
Nothing special this time around, the drone is better and there are some upgrades for your normal shots.
Just in time for your weekend: Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.15 (3.81 MB) is ready for your entertainment.
In this version:
- Added Drone to the arsenal. Drone better.
- Movement speed
- Choose-your-own-scenario now allowed without completing Scenario 1.
- Completing Scenario 1 gives you Drone.
- Some bug fixes: all keys now allowed for action binding (previously e.g. SPACE wasn’t allowed) and players ship is now shown orbiting the right planet.
Check out the competition. Some fine looking and otherwise interesting projects are included. I hope to gain at least a little bit of exposure for G, although it always makes me a bit nervous (yet, strangely excited) to get my game infront of people.
Here we go again, Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.14.5 [3.81MB] is out!
In this version:
- Updated LWJGL libraries to version 2.9.0.
- Removed the start-up scripts, just double-click the jar file to start the game.
- Tweaked the frequency of enemy wave appearance.
- Tweaked some achievements; Once missiles are unlocked, player gets them at the start of game.
- Player now starts with Weapon and Thruster re-charge at medium and shields at full power
- Added a noice starfield effect.