If you blink, you’ll miss out. I took a few steps back, cut away things that I wasn’t satisfied with and started over with the enemies. As a result, I think Goldwingu is a more solid whole. Have a go: Goldwingu v.038 [10.3MB]
In this and previous version:
- Added Statistics and Options pages.
- Options for cutting the jump sequence, turning the inertia movement on/off and making the pixel placement smoother than the resolution.
- Added focus (default ‘s’) function that slows the game66%.
- GUI is now uniformly all pixels.
- 11 enemies.
- Enemies are unlocked by escaping alive and embiggening the compound score.
- Normal, super shots and missiles. Upgrades to shots only. Missiles are awarded for chains.
- All kinds of other things.
What a perfect way to spend your Friday than to try out the new version of Goldwingu: Means to End (V.0.36) [9.41MB]!
In this version:
- Added jump animation
- Added escort ships: Carrier, light cruiser, Battleship
- Charging level reverts to medium once shields are full.
- Tactical Display has been minimized.
Something of a bug fix version this one. At least two whole bugs where squashed. Now the high-scores are entered correctly and number of missiles doesn’t increase magically. Aren’t you glad? Get it: Goldwingu: Means To End v.0.34 [5.76MB]
Today I released something I’d like to call an alpha version of Goldwingu (v.0.33, 4.86MB). Reasons for this go beyond just the state of my mental health. I’m running more and more into problems I feel are not really up to me but require a lot more player feedback. It’s just not balancing issues but opinions on the games interface, mechanics and even off-game matters like the possibility of tinkering with the game settings and even playable content.
I’ve also reached around for a sound person through my huuuge network of people of various backgrounds. I’ve received one response from a person just mentioning how they have more than enough work on them already. It bums me out a bit that I reallyÂ can’t afford to offer guaranteed payment at this stage, which just means that my sound effects are a combination of Bxfr generated stuff and samples found in open sound libraries across the great web.
Now go download that new version and tell me what you think!
The release cycle moves just too quickly for boring announcement postings! Get Goldwingu: Means To End v.0.31 [4.59MB] before we run out of bits!
On this (and the previous version) at least these
- Sound support (with volume control) and two sounds for explosions.
- Missile targetting takes place holding missile key down (default ‘x’) and releasing it releases missiles.
- Bosses appear now after there are 5 or less enemies around (instead of set time interval).
- Inertia movement much more toned down.
- Resized the window (from 800px -> 700px) and other graphical fixes.
- Balancing changes; more bullets, enemy waves follow closer each other.
If you’re celebrating Midsummers Eve instead of playing computer games, don’t drown out there! Wear a condom!
That’s right! Already a new version was released even though you didn’t even realize that you missed the previous release! Don’t blink or you might miss everything! Download Goldwingu: Means to End v.0.29 [4.01MB]
New stuff in versions 0.28 and 0.29:
- Text rendering should be better.
- UI changes
- missile key changed to –> ‘X’
- you only toggle between low, mid and high settings for engine output which are common for thrusters and weapons and not separate like previously.
- TD appearance changed slightly.
- Maintenance work done on Campaign mode.
Like a thief sneaking into the night a new version gets released. What am I doing here? I could be in sleep by now?! Get the new version (v.0.27) of Goldwingu [4.01 MB]. Stuff that might interest you in this version:
- Normal shots and power shots are under same key (default ‘z’). Tap it to fire normal shots and hold it down for powershots.
- Dynamically assembled end-of-level-monsters introduced. Some randomness implemented to the construction. Bosses comprise of inert background, weapons and powerpoints. Powerpoints act as the ‘heart’ of the boss (or part of it). Destroy the powerpoint and the whole enemy (or part of it) blows up.
Good night! Make highscores!
They are dropping like flies these days! Get the new version (v.0.26) of the re-named Goldwingu [3.94 MB] nao!
- Weapons and thrusters recharge-rate displayed with one gauge now in Tactical Display, which changes colour if their combined charge-rate surpasses engines capabilities.
- End of level text now shows the medals you’ve earned as well as the upgrades that come with them.
- Name has been changed for PR purposes.
Does anyone read these last lines?
Everyday you release a new version of your game is a good day! Download Goldwingu version 188.8.131.52 [3.93 MB] Goodies include (from release notes):
- Explosions are weighted based on where the fatal shot was hit.
- Tactical display shows component conditions (after ~2sec delay) or all the time if the component is broken.
- Missile targetting is now engaged with the same keys as missiles are shot with (default is ‘c’) and stays on until shot down again.
- Some medals and upgrades added.
- All new enemies (13ish) with new attack patterns and placeholder graphics.
Drop that May Day celebration and play a game like proper human!
Happy New Year everyone! This is (finally) the first release of Goldwingu this year. Read the Release Notes for whats new but I must admit that Tactical Display is finally turning into something proper. Download it now before we run out of bits! Goldwingu 2: Episode 1; Means to End v.0.24 [3.92MB].